Free Legal and Migration Help
Anti-Slavery Australia provides free, confidential legal and migration services to people who have experienced or are at risk of modern slavery in Australia. Modern slavery includes slavery, servitude, forced labour, deceptive recruitment, forced marriage and human trafficking.
Our services are confidential, culturally sensitive, and focused on the rights and needs of each person.
Since 2003, we have assisted hundreds of people across every State and Territory in Australia, as well as people who have been taken overseas.
Our work fills a critical gap in helping survivors access justice, connect with support, and build positive futures for themselves and their families.
Who we can help
We can help anyone who has experienced or is at risk of modern slavery in Australia. This includes people who have been:
- Forced or deceived into travelling into or out of Australia
- Forced to work or forced into sexual servitude
- Deceived about their living and working conditions
- Forced into a marriage.
- These types of exploitation can happen in any context, including homes, restaurants, farms and building sites.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, we can help. We assist people of all ages, genders, visa statuses, sexualities, abilities, cultures, religions, language groups, ethnicities and nationalities.
How we can help
We provide free and confidential advice, assistance and representation on immigration, citizenship, employment law, family law, criminal law and victims’ compensation. This includes helping people:
- Understand their rights, options and how to stay safe
- Apply for Australian visas and citizenship
- Take legal action and obtain court orders
- Talk to other organisations if they want to – like the police, Immigration and community organisations.
- We can also help to connect people with other support services, such as housing, counselling and financial assistance.
Our approach is holistic, inclusive and driven by each person’s unique needs and human rights.
Forced marriage help –
My Blue Sky
We run My Blue Sky, Australia’s national service for people who are in a forced marriage or worried about being forced to marry. Visit the My Blue Sky website for specific information and resources on forced marriage.
Get help now
If you have experienced modern slavery, or you are worried about someone in this situation, contact Anti-Slavery Australia for free and confidential legal advice and support:
- Call (02) 9514 8115 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm Sydney time)
- Email ASALegal@uts.edu.au
If you do not speak English, we can help you with an interpreter.
All of our services are confidential – this means we will keep your information safe and will not tell other people what you say, unless you give us permission or we are required to by the law.
You do not need to speak to the police or any other service before contacting us.
If you need urgent help:
In an emergency (if someone is in immediate danger or threatened with violence) – call Triple Zero (000).
To make a report or get immediate assistance with modern slavery – call the Australian Federal Police on 131 237 (131 AFP).